Re: [Phys-l] Thermodynamics question

On 01/10/2010 03:46 PM, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:
Yes, my dw, by definition, includes all energy tranfers out of the
system that are not related to temperature differences.

Does that answer the question(s) of interest?

If not, please re-ask the question(s).

As I stated in the beginning , disavowing du = dq - dw is not going to help me here.

Agreed.

I still think it would be a good idea for other reasons, but
I won't hijack this thread with that discussion. See next
message.