Re: [Phys-l] A geek's observations on "Avatar"

I read I shoulda posted the results of my googling --

However, this guy thinks most "pure" plastics transmit UV (other sources write, if not treated to absorb, are degraded). I may be the wet one.

Only solution is to "steal" and test.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/eng99/eng99272.htm

this mfg. has a 70% + transmission acrylic [OP-4], and, therefore, only warrants it for 10k hours.

http://www.americanacrylics.com/cyroffgp.htm

bc thinks, so we have an IR absorbing and UV transmitting plastic, my, my. Life is not simple.

p.s. another has a high UV transmittance p. for water purification.

http://www.zeusinc.com/technicalservices/technicalbulletins/technicalinformation/uvtransmission.aspx