Re: [Phys-l] The political/scientific connection

If people are indulgent to themselves would they not be to their best friends? I suspect there is a + relationship with girth and whether one runs or walks their dogs.

bc remembers a friend in HS pointing out that airplane seat size had to increase because of the growing American corpulence, and this was in the fifties!

p.s. I noted this before: Techs, engineers, et alii are more "conservative" than physicists -- I suspect maths. would be closer to physicists, as it requires rather critical creative thinking, no?