From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:57 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] FW: The "why" questions

Nope, at least not here. The C of M moves toward the point of the
applied force until the shock wave reaches the new position of the C of
M.

bc thinks this is shown by the golf ball pics.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/936p5m7481450164/fulltext.html

note: using the concept C of M implies not a point (a mythical
construct), but a macroscopic or extended object.