Re: [Phys-l] The "why" questions

I suspect from your description I must correct my supposition on the a of the C of M. Initially the a of the C of M is in the opposite direction to the applied force, as the position of the C of M moves towards the first car. The point at the initial C of M doesn't move 'till the sound wave (first car) reaches it.

My prob. is that I think Mr. N thought points existed. W/ that assumption N law is symmetrical. Since points don't exist, I think N is not symmetrical. There is always a delay tho it may be femto-seconds.

bc still naive?