[Phys-l] Individualized homework generator

This may be a topic that has been already discussed, if so, I apologize.

At my school, a discussion has been brought up about students "sharing" their homework work/answers. I've been trying to find ways to minimize this. One thing that has been proposed is to make individualized homework questions. That would be great, with the exception that I have about 100 students and the time to make and grade each one would monumental. The only way possible, I believe, would be to do it via computer.

What I envision is the program would possibly use the student's name or ID to determine the values to be used in each problem/calculation. I think the most practical thing would be that the students answer via electronically or website and when I enter in the student's name or ID, I would see the answers to those problems.

Does anyone know if such a program exists? If so, can anyone make suggestions of where I could find these programs?

Thank you,
Dwight