Re: [Phys-l] Heat transfer lab

Just so, according to:

http://www.inspectapedia.com/heat/Steam_Vents.htm

bc, googler and the pic. (second one) is as he remembers from his Palo Alto days (ca 1941 => 48), and remembers its always hissing a little, and because of a very traumatic childhood, doesn't remember the system in his Paris flat toggled by date not weather!

And: wikipedia neologizes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydronics **

** Not in OED -1971