Re: [Phys-l] The percentage of Americans who....

At 11:11 AM -0600 11/11/10, Bill Nettles wrote:
College girl in Earth & space class: "Last night I was telling my friends that the moon was a waxing crescent and they started making fun of me."
Professor: "So what do your friends expect you to talk about?"
Girl: "Boys and clothes."

and 'waxing' is very pertinent to their 'boy' talk.
but not in your meaning of the term. ;-)