[Phys-l] Massive photons in TPT

Is anyone else bothered by the Elisha Huggins article in TPT which analyzes photons gaining energy as they "fall" using mg(delta Y) = -delta E? He says that he gets the right answer, but Bohr got the right answers for the hydrogen atom energy states. Why did he do it this way, and should we teach our students this? I'm not good enough at general relativity (long ago and far away) to present a proper derivation, but I thought most on here settled on mass being the absolute value of the momentum 4-vector; so, photons don't have rest mass. Does GR let us treat the photon like Huggins does in this article?

This really is a question, not a charge.

Thanks.
Bill N