Re: [Phys-l] spectra

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Karshner, Gary <gkarshner@stmarytx.edu>wrote:

Anthony
Yes they contain Hg. The mercury spectrum is rich in UV lines and
these are what drives the fluorescents. With their increase use the
antimercury people are very concerned. Do we want to use less energy and
pollute or use more energy and not?
Gary

How much more mercury is in the old fashioned long tubular fluorescent
lamps that are still made and used,

and I cannot use my Accutron watch, because its accuracy depends on the
voltage of the mercury battery, which isn't made anymore.

:(

--
Clarence Bennett
Oakland University