From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of chuck britton
Sent: Wednesday, 20 October 2010 10:03 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators; tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] homemade spacecraft!

I confess to having left the 'lifting power' comparison as a bit of a troll.
Yes H2 is only 8% more effective than He but the fact remains that He is a limited resource that has better uses. And Helium released into the atmosphere does irrecoverably escape into space.

The price of H2 must be quite a bit cheaper as well.

I'm still looking for youtube or such info on a straight unconfined
H2 explosion.

I see fireballs from H2 bubbles.