From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of William Beaty
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:33 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] homemade spacecraft!

Here's one from 2006!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhXCxYEKA0

Radio amateurs have apparently been doing this for years. (Need
foxhunt beacon to find your camcorder thirty miles away in a field.)

I think today that hobbyists put GPS onboard, then rig a transmitter
to send serial data, so you can just go to the GPS coords.

And several more: http://www.youtube.com/user/NearSpace#g/u

Here's another space balloon:

Inflation of ECHO II, 1964 (see 1:23 for best part)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3-b7sB9CA