Re: [Phys-l] Greenhouse

David,

I think it's unfair to interpret the failure of the peer review process in this case as a reason to doubt the increasingly overwhelming consensus of the climate research community, especially since this paper was not published in a climate research journal. Perhaps a more important takeaway would be to reassess the validity of the constant whining from the anti GW forces about how (and especially *why*) they can't get their papers published.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona

David Marx wrote:

Having now had a chance to look at the commentary and the paper. I agree with you, John.
This paper should never have made it through the peer review process. As, I think, most of
us know, the peer review process leaves a lot to be desired. With this paper, people took the
time to give this a proper review and posted their thoughtful comments online. It would be
nice if people also did this with the more standard climate science papers as well. People
tend to dismiss quickly anything that runs contrary to their opinion, rather than taking a closer
look.