From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of brian whatcott
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:05 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Prof. Hal Lewis resigns from APS

On 10/13/2010 12:30 PM, Dr. Richard Tarara wrote:
Brian,

Are you suggesting here that we should not trust science done by
anyone with
non-scientific beliefs, anyone who claims to have a religious belief?
know the intelligent design crowd confuses belief and science, but how
do we
trust the logic and intellectual integrity of those with somewhat
similar
'unscientific' beliefs? ;-)

Rick
I offer only the usual recipe: to not trust in the integrity of anyone,
which would otherwise
lead to argument from authority, but simply to decide the
plausibility of assertions
by use of repeatable and falsifiable experimental considerations.

Brian W