Re: [Phys-l] Clarification: A ball at the center of a planet

But since our instructors already HAD their PhD's - we were just playing out this same game.

Are you concerned about General Relativity or Gauss's Law for gravity.

GenRel plays a hand if the 'Free Space' scenario still has any Grav PE due to the planet.

If not - it 'just' seems to be a gravitational Gauss's Law exercise.