Re: [Phys-l] Absolute four-momentum of massless particles

We have considered the hypothesis that
P = m U
m = 0 [1]
P != 0

The facts remain:

1) Understanding arithmetic is a prerequisite for understanding
special relativity.

2) The hypothesis [1] is false. You can't "simplify" special
relativity by violating the laws of arithmetic.

3) I have demonstrated the unacceptability of hypothesis [1] in
a way that should satisfy any reasonable person.
https://carnot.physics.buffalo.edu/archives/2010/10_2010/msg00011.html

4) There have been no faults found in my demonstration. On
multiple occasions Moses Fayngold has said that he doesn't
like the conclusion, but that is nowhere near being a valid
criticism.

5) As a matter of principle: A vague, invalid counterargument
does not outweigh a detailed, valid argument, no matter how many
times it is repeated.

Similarly: No one should think that the person who gets in the
last word wins the argument. I have no need to get the last
word. The facts of the matter are already known to any
reasonable person.

Therefore: Unless something changes very dramatically, I shall
post nothing further about this BS de résistance. The thread
has gone on too long already. If anybody has any questions
about this, they can contact me off-list.