[Phys-l] Physics Careers

In order to raise the awareness about the wide range of possible careers
one can pursue with a physics major, Dr. Erich Mueller, Director of
Undergraduate Education (physics) has built a web page on the topic. Over
the summer, I surfed the net to find good sources of information. (See
the career resources section.)

Last evening, we unvieled it at the first ever session on physics careers.
The event was co-sponsored by the physics department and the School of
Applied and Engingeering Physics. About 100 students attended and asked
good questions.

Dr. Mueller (EM256@cornell.edu) would like to talk with anyone who is
offering (or would like to offer) a similar session.

Powerpoint slides used by the ten speakers will be available on this site:

http://www.physics.cornell.edu/undergraduate/careers/

Cheers,
Pat the Retired Librarian