Re: [Phys-l] What's to know about photovoltaic panels?

I've heard (but not personally yet seen or tried) that folk have been using Gratzel dye cells with success. Sounds more like Chemistry to be frank, but interesting.

Many many google hits on gratzel
Cf. http://www.scienceinschool.org/2009/issue12/climate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dye-sensitized_solar_cell
http://ice.chem.wisc.edu/catalogitems/SciKits.htm

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & Dept Chair Pro Tem