[Phys-l] Help With Lissajous curves

I am trying to use an oscilloscope to generate Lissajous curves for my math class but it seems that one must have control not only of the vertical displacement of the beam but also of the horizontal (sweep?) displacement. Do most scopes give this control? I don't seem to be able to find it on the ones I have? What should I be looking for on the scope for the horizontal input?

Thanks for any help you can offer on this, David Abineri

--
D. Abineri dabineri@fuse.net