Re: [Phys-l] transformer question

In searching for the validity limit of Poiseuille's law [length/ diameter > ?] I found a paper on the validity of Kozeny-Carman formulae in porous media (e.g. sandstone) using lumped resistance meshes!!

bc gave up

BTW anyone know if (length / diameter) > 10 is "good"? I suppose it'll vary according to the flow rate (changing the Reynolds' #), etc.

p.s. for the curious:

http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/purl/10113412-EeskIR/webviewable/ 10113412.pdf