Re: [Phys-l] Deep Thoughts: NL1, Inertia, Relativity....

Since neither 1) nor 2) is phrased as a definition, the question is unclear.
Certainly NL1 can be phrased in a manner that is compatible with idea that we live in a Reimannian manifol, and the notion of inertia can be given meaning. I do not understand item 3; earth;s surface is not an inertial frame, and I don't know the definition of "straight" in the context.
Regards,
Jack