Re: [Phys-l] Inertial frame of reference

Oops. I do now see that rotation sensing was the only purpose of the optical tracking system and that you were still effectively using Newton's first law to finish the job. It's worth noting, however, that your designs will detect general relativistic ("freefall") inertial frames, not Newtonian inertial frames.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona