[Phys-l] Water Slides.

I took my grandson swimming at Altus City pool on Saturday.
He warned me that the five storey straight water slide is scary-fast.
So I took the slide that twists and turns.
I found this quite scary enough.
The next day, I tried the straight slide.
I found it the less scary ride.

Simplifying the details a little:
if a 5 story water slide has a 3 meter diameter helix that descends
1.5 m in one revolution, half way down the structure,
is there any basis to the idea
that a child would find a straight slide more vivid than a switchback
slide, when an adult comes to the opposite view?
This adult felt like he was coming quite close to the lip....

Take a storey = 3m.

Brian W