Re: [Phys-l] x-ray machine

The 'resistance' of a vacuum can be pretty high ;-)

An 'old fashioned' crt color TV set is a rather good x-ray machine.
Maybe 25 kV instead of 60 kV.

The electron beam hits the metal mask that separates the RGB color spots on the screen.

Since the early '70's (IIRC) the front glass is heavily laced with Pb to shield the viewer.

The current is limited by the circuit that supplies the electrons to the cathode.

Ohm's Rule of Thumb is usually applied to devices that are a bit more simple that crt circuits.