Re: [Phys-l] glass

Why not try a razor blade? Steel will NOT scratch glass, and a good blade will take off everything including the glue. At that point a green "scrubby" will take the rest of the glue off.

Fred Bucheit

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 12:31:27 -0500
From: bnettles@uu.edu
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] glass

I'd start with nail polish remover/acetone applied with cotton balls. If that didn't work, try paint thinner. If that didn't work, get out the chemical resistant gloves and try airplane paint stripper (available at most auto supply stores). For this last one, be sure to be outside, wear goggles, don't inhale. The fumes will melt latex. If that doesn't work, give up.

Bill

"Anthony Lapinski" <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org> 7/6/2009 10:28 am >>>
For an optics demo, I want to remove a picture/emblem from a clear glass
without scratching the glass. Does anyone know of a good way to do this?
Will any chemical/compound work?