Re: [Phys-l] Teaching Special Relativity

--- On Sat, 7/4/09, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:
 "Consider the folks in Plato's cave.  They can directly measure the shadows, but they cannot directly measure the real objects.  I have to go with Plato on this one;  the objects, not the measurable shadows, are the physicist's "reality"."

   So, if one is getting frozen to death because of cold in a shadowed area, would you say to him/her that there is really nothing to worry about, because the shadow is not the physicist's reality?