From: "ludwik kowalski" <kowalskil@mail.montclair.edu>
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Looking for a project

On Jun 4, 2009, at 12:54 PM, ludwik kowalski wrote:

A web page for the expected cooperative project has been created at

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/368project.html

This is probably better than bothering everyone with long postings on
this list. Please visit, if you are interested.

Two people made tentative commitment today. Hoping for more
commitments I will wait several more days. Then I will estimate the
cost per person. My rough guess is $40 per person, if ten people make
definite commitments. I will probably know about the most costly item,
a sheet of CR-39, which I would order, cut, and send sections to
individual participants. Meanwhile look chemicals, for example two
grams of Li2SOH and 130 grams of NaOH that you can probably get from
your chemistry lab. Also for short pieces of Ni and Pt wires. Think
about what to use to make a cell. A student-oriented project can
probably obtain some financial support from your administrator.

P.S.
Perhaps your colleagues, who are not on this list, will be willing to
participate in this cooperative project. Ask them to send me a message.

Thanks in advance,
Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physics teacher and an amateur journalist.
Updated links to publications and reviews are at:

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/
http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/my_opeds.html
http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/revcom.html

Also an ESSAY ON ECONOMICS at: