Re: [Phys-l] models of radioactivity

John Denker wrote:
On 04/17/2009 10:25 PM, Hugh Haskell wrote:

we know that half-life (T) can be expressed as

T = (ln 2)/p (1)

What do you mean by "we", Kemosabe?
We?
The folks at MIT giving an introduction to modeling radio-active half-life, for example.
See this version
<http://www-math.mit.edu/~djk/calculus_beginners/chapter12/section02.html>

Hugh is in fact illustrating a comparable example to the difference between compounding capital at time intervals, say weekly, monthly, quarterly etc., and
compounding capital continuously. This is a standard introductory element of
teaching exponential versus discrete time models, I thought?

Brian W