Re: [Phys-l] Article in Scientific American

----- Original Message ----- From: <Spinozalens@aol.com>

The author makes the point that not only
should we not be building more coal plants, but we should be rapidly shutting
down existing coal plants. Can anyone see this happening in our global
corporatist world?

Bob Zannelli

This is the 'The Third World better damn well stay the Third World or else there will be a global catastrophe' viewpoint. From a purely environmental/resources viewpoint, it makes some sense. Fom a social justice, humanitarian, economic viewpoint..........??

Rick (ever notice that some environmentalists are willing to have other people starve to save the planet..just not them! ;-)

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College