Re: [Phys-l] high frequency sounds

Ha ha!

I live in an ancient analog world still. Bat detectors mix a local oscillator w/ the bats signal. The difference one hears.

bc really retired.

p.s. My LA Phil. violinist friend used a high power Hi Fi amp and oscillator to drive an NAB OR tape recorder while playing back normally recorded voice at such a greater speed it was unintelligible to me; he had leaned to "hear" it. He was even more hyperactive than I.