Re: [Phys-l] Food Liar's calorie chart

What "you" (SJ) forget is the basal metabolism, and the increase of the metabolism due to 'work" which is not contributing to the muscle work. These are not increased much w/ harder exercise.

That was actually my point. I consider a 4mph walk and a 5mph jog to be not different enough from a metabolic standpoint to justify an 85% increase in energy expenditure (370 cal vs 200 cal in the same 30 min).

Stefan Jeglinski