[Phys-l] Fwd: Today, protest and counter-protests, Window-on-the-Bay 5:00 p.m.

Speaking of the devil (tax protests in the high rent district of Monterey County)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Deanne Gwinn <salistas12@hotmail.com>
Date: 2009, April 15, 12:34:32 PDT
To: <salistas11@hotmail.com>
Subject: Today, protest and counter-protests, Window-on-the-Bay 5:00 p.m.

Today, protest and counter-protests, Window-on-the-Bay 5:00 p.m.

(Maybe people need to understand
what the original Boston Tea Party was really protesting?)

From Joyce’s Weekly Peace Calendar:
Wednesday, April 15, 5:00 – 6:30 pm Tea-Party Protests. Window-on- the-Bay, Monterey Editor’s comment: These Tea-Party Protests seem to be protesting proposed taxes on the wealthy and equating that with our founding fathers’ Boston tea party which was protesting being taxed without representation [and being ruled by a corporation chartered by the king]. It’s a bit of a stretch. Whatever, people who think that the wealthyshould be taxed and that the money we’ve all put into the pot should go for the needs of ordinary people, not for bailouts and bonuses to the affluent: not for war but for universal, single-payer health care and education, these local people, who have such anti-tea-party-protest views, are talking about mounting their own demonstrations. I know of two groups, independently, making such plans. So come to Window on the Bay and see how it all plays out!
Young Democrats of Monterey County say: “These events are exciting, and can get pretty heated. Avoid aggressive confrontation--just take the higher road and walk away.”
We’re always glad to see the ways of peace being followed at home as well as abroad! Joyce Vandevere

(WILPF: Sandee and Robert will be there with signs.)
The Anti-Teabagger Protesters will probably be in a different site (or sites) from the Tea-Party. Go on down and select the site that suits your view.

forwarded by
Deanne E. Gwinn
www.translighttrilogy.com