Re: [Phys-l] SOLAR , NUCLEAR ENERGY etc.

On Apr 14, 2009, at 12:53 PM, marx@phy.ilstu.edu wrote:

The progressive tax system has been in place from a long time, but it's gotten to be where the bottom 50% of income earners pay little or zero tax.

I'd like to see your evidence for this (and, of course, it would necessarily take into account the effects of payroll and sales taxes.) But let's go ahead and suppose that it is so. There are only two possible ways that this could have happened:

1. Taxes in general have become much more progressive.

2. Wealth has been massively "redistributed" (I'm warming to that word) FROM low income people TO high income people.

It is a simple demonstrable fact that #1 is false and #2 is true. Indeed, I provided the evidence just yesterday.

So what, precisely, was your point? Really.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona