Re: [Phys-l] Energy use (was CFLs)

Let's start praying to the gods of energy.
skip

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of marx@phy.ilstu.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 2:07 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Energy use (was CFLs)

Here, here!!

There is a strong correlation between GDP and energy use. We enjoy our standard of living and pay
for the energy we use to maintain that standard. There are many though that want us to revert to a
standard of living that this country hasn't seen for more than a century. That is ridiculous. What we
can do is find ways for people around the world to generate enough energy to improve their standard of
living - which would also go a long way to reduce the birth rate in many countries - without necessarily
causing great harm to the Earth.