Re: [Phys-l] Inductive cooking

I'm a bit ignorant here, as I though reactive impedance was a function of inductance, capacitance, and frequency in an electrical circuit. A ferromagnetic core coil will raise the coils impedance more than a non one -- consistent w/ skin depth and relaxation in the core, etc. simple mindedly, I'd think this might reduce the current thru the coil and result is lowered efficiency.

bc evidently must read the references.