From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of LaMontagne, Bob
Sent: Fri 11/13/2009 11:43 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] What's happening here?

I think I see the face of Jesus.

Bob at PC

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Josh Gates [jgates@tatnall.org]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 8:24 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] What's happening here?

Hi everyone,

After I finished working with a benchtop scroll saw, I noticed this
pattern in the sawdust on the work bench. The saw vibrates quite a bit,
so I'm pretty confident that the vibration is the root cause, but I
don't quite get why this apparent fractal pattern emerged. Ideas?
http://imagecloset.com/tiny/874159

Josh

--
Joshua Gates