Re: [Phys-l] accurate numerical solution of equations of motion

In terms of numerical accuracy, TrueBASIC (a compiled version of basic straight from the originators--Kemeny & Kurtz) has the following system limits:

Accuracy of numbers 16 bits
Accuracy of Sin, Cos, Tan, Atan, Log, Exp 16 bits
Smallest positive number Eps(0) 2.2250739e-308
Largest positive numbe (Maxnum) 1.7976931e+308
Maximum string length 448Mb
Maximum dimensions for an array 255

Suspect this should be sufficient for most applications.

For more info see www.TrueBasic.com

Rick (all my software is done with this language--actually is very powerful, very good for calculations and you can do high quality animations)

***************************
Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College