[Phys-l] Fwd: [tap-l] Edmund Scientific pushing pseudoscience

Apropos of the DATA, FACTS, etc. thread?

bc takes liberties.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matt Lowry <mlowry@lfschools.net>
Date: 2009, October 19, 08:57:55 PDT
To: "'tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu'" <tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Subject: [tap-l] Edmund Scientific pushing pseudoscience

Howdy all,

I’m wondering how many of you have heard about this: Edmund Scientific is now marketing & selling what they call a “ghost meter”. It gets better – they’re also actively marketing & selling remote viewing DVDs which supposedly teach students how to reach their untapped “psychic potential”… *facepalm*

http://skepticalteacher.wordpress.com/2009/09/14/edmund- pseudoscientific-sells-ghost-detectors-other-woo/

Has anyone else heard about this nonsense? Are other science supply companies doing the same thing? I think I will start to call Edmund by a different name from now on… Edmund Pseudoscientific. Needless to say, I won’t be giving them any more of my business >:(

Cheers,

Matt Lowry
Lake Forest HS
College of Lake County