From: Ian Ellis <ian@IGLOU.COM>
To: PHYSHARE@LISTS.PSU.EDU
Sent: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 4:13 pm
Subject: Re: Darwinism under attack? plus some relevant Darwin quotes

Another way that Darwin is under attack: In Dec 2007, a Texas state
advisory group gave the Institute for Creation Research preliminary
approval to offer an online master's degree in science education. The
Dallas creationist group proposal is intended to allegedly train science
teachers.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/education/stories/ 012408dnmetcreation.2bd704c.html

http://www.texscience.org/reviews/icr-thecb-certification.htm

By June 2008, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board in April
rejected the request, saying the program did not meet state academic
standards. The institute has petitioned the board to reverse its
decisi
on, saying the board discriminated against the institute for its
views on evolution. If the petition is denied, the institute could take
its case to court.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/ stories/DN-briefs_04tex.ART.State.Edition1.45fa835.html

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2008/07/ creationists_claiming_viewpoin.php

cut