Re: [Phys-l] De-chording polyphonic music with software.

I forwarded Bob's post (bottom) to my horologist, inter alia, friend. Below is his reply:

"I have been following Celemony Melodyne for several months and have downloaded the demos. The new component extraction (Direct Note Access) looks good in the demo but is months away from sale. The current products are less than perfect in determining pitch of single guitar strings. The same thing is true of other audio-to-midi software I have."

bc