[Phys-l] Ca mandates 8th-grade algebra test

As a high school math and science teacher, I think the push of algebra into grade school is one of the major mistakes of education.

I once substituted a sixth grade standard math class in which the topic for the week was algebraic inequalities - talk about absurd!

IMHO, this is the major reason so many students arrive at high school functionally innumerate.

Bob Yeend
Justin-Siena H.S.
Napa, CA