Re: [Phys-l] general science surveys anyone?

Examples of quizzes. I have not personally tested these.

http://www.eslcafe.com/quiz/science1.html

http://www.1001funquizzes.com/free-iq-test?gatherer_id=100332&gclid=CJfijN321ZMCFQytGgod6E8qiQ

http://triviapark.com/quizzes/qzs1x/q1.html

http://education.jlab.org/million/question.php?99254515

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/sci__tech/miscellaneous_science.html

Pat

Brian Blais wrote:
Hello,

I hear in the news occasionally such statistics like 45% of American's don't believe in evolution, or 33% believe the sun goes around the earth. I was thinking it would be interesting to give my students at the beginning of a semester a survey like those, to present them with the misconceptions, and take them apart through the semester. Has anyone here done that? Anyone know any good surveys out there that I could draw from?

thanks,

Brian Blais

--
Patricia T. Viele, Physics & Astronomy Librarian
Edna McConnell Clark Physical Sciences Library