[Phys-l] unit calculator

On unix there exists a utility called "units" that will do simple
calculations including the units. Example:

You have: 1 furlong per fortnight
You want:
Definition: 0.00016630952 m / s
You have:
You have:
You have:
You have: 1 e
You want:
Definition: 1.6021765e-19 A s
You have:
You have:
You have: 1 coulomb
You want: e
* 6.2415097e+18
/ 1.6021765e-19
You have:
You have:
You have:
You have: pi
You want:
Definition: 3.1415927
You have:
You have:
You have: sin(pi)
You want:
Definition: 1.2246064e-16

Apparently it has been around since 2004 or earlier, but I only recently
found out about it. To install it all I had to do was
apt-get install units
Sigh.

There's also a thing called units-filter, where the output format is
more machine-readable (and less human-readable).