Re: [Phys-l] experiments with dyes (was: happy equinox)

On Mar 24, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Marty Weiss wrote:
Renoir ... must have known
a lot about color mixing and while he probably did not *think* about
primary colors, like an accomplished pianist does not *think* about
*how* to hit the chords on the written score, and race car drivers do
not have to *think& about the gears in their trtansmission, and the
like, he had to know what to mix to give him the shades he needed when
he went outside.

No argument from me on that -- the suggestion that I took issue with was that Renoir et al were claiming that red, yellow, and blue specifically were the three primary colours.

---
Michael Porter
Colonel By Secondary School
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada