Re: [Phys-l] innumeracy

Reading John's note reminded me of another test I looked at last century.
Perhaps it was the General Intelligence
section of LSAT or GRE Science or Eng or some such....

It was intended to be a sort of IQ test. One question went
something like this: It is the top of the ninth, and there are
three players on base. How many points can a good strike count for?

[I am doubtless making a nonsense out of it - because it is as
exotic to me now , as it was at that time.] A test that does not call on
general resources is not likely to be generally applicable.

On this topic, I notice that people often cannot compare
nano-units against milli-units but I certainly do not ascribe
this to innumeracy.

Brian W