Re: [Phys-l] formatting uncertainties

Seems evil to me; causes 'mobil roll over, etc. and, therefore, should be avoided.

bc agrees the concept of frame force should include that evil effect, and if I feel it, it exists.

Savinainen Antti wrote:

Hi,

here is my two cents :-).
John D. wrote:

"What I will say is that high-school teachers need to have more than a high-school education. That's so that they can ascertain what should be taught as the /foundation/ for further work, and ascertain what to avoid because it is nonsense that will have to be unlearned later."

cut

------

This reminds me of our old discussion on centrifugal force. It is a no-no in HS physics meaning that a student is penalized in the (external) exams if he/she uses it e.g. in solving a problem. Of course, it does not harm students if they are told a bit about centrifugal force/inertial forces in the context of non-inertial frames once they are comfortable with forces in inertial frames. It might harm them if they leave HS with the belief that centrifugal force is evil and should be avoided at any cost :-).

Regards,

Antti Savinainen