Re: [Phys-l] Fed Resources for Ed Excellence

Hi Pat,

I wrote Charles a note this morning, with my inputs.

Regards

Brian

At 08:56 AM 1/11/2008, you wrote:
Brian: I am not sure what your comment means. Do you feel there are
errors in the material? If so, the author would be happy to discuss it
with you.

I am the author of the simulations on the web site. I would be happy to
answer
any question.

Sincerely yours,
Charles Xie
qxie@concord.org

Brian Whatcott wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
> the pump-jack,
> the Stamper and
> the Geneva intermittent motion all seem ah...curious
> to my eyes?
>
> Brian W
>

>> From: "Pat Viele" <ptv1@cornell.edu>
>>
>> Source: Federal Resources for Educational Excellence
>>
>> *Physics* <http://mw.concord.org/modeler1.3/mirror/physics.html>
>> provides more than 40 online interactives that demonstrate concepts in
>> mechanics, fluid mechanics and dynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum
>> physics. Watch simulations of a pendulum, suspension bridge, charged
>> particle in a magnetic chamber, hourglass, Archimedes' Principle of
>> Buoyancy, electrical fields, gears, light-matter interactions, Newton's
>> Cradle, pulleys, springs, water flow when a dam collapses, and more.
>> (Concord Consortium, National Science Foundation)
>>
>> http://mw.concord.org/modeler1.3/mirror/physics.html
>>

>> --
>> Patricia T. Viele, Physics & Astronomy Librarian
>> Edna McConnell Clark Physical Sciences Library

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!