Re: [Phys-l] earth's rotation

On Jan 5, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Clarence Bennett wrote:
If, as I suspect, the concept CLOCKWISE was invented by Europeans
looking at sundials, then I think Mike's argument should fall apart.

It's worse than that, Clarence -- Given that a small variation in the nature of the Earth's motion would have likely changed the entire course of human history (if, in fact, we even came into existence), the English language as we know it wouldn't exist and this whole discussion would be incomprehensible.

...See what I did there?

---
Michael Porter
Colonel By Secondary School