Re: [Phys-l] Intelligent designists fight back.

On 01/05/2008 05:33 PM, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:

I think you are missing the point of Intelligent Design. It does not
admit supernatural agents any more than Darwinism does.

Hogwash.

It simply
looks at the usual evidence - fossil records, complexity of
organisms, etc. - and concludes from that evidence that evolution
cannot explain the full tapestry of what is seen - a non random,
deliberate interaction of some kind is seen to be required.

Baloney.

.... it is
no different in kind from the process followed by Darwinists.

Horsefeathers.

If anyone on this list would like to know what real ID
proponents really say, a good place to start is the records
of the Dover, PA trial.

Also note that there is a NOVA episode that deals with ID,
science, and the Dover trial.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/

====================================

The so-called Intelligent Design Movement (IDM) is a chimera ... that
is, a monstrosity fabricated from disparate parts of other creatures.
Specifically, it has the blind eyes and sharp claws of fundamentalist
creationism and the voracious jaws of politics. It is then dressed up
to look like science. The whole package is held together by lies.

I do not lightly accuse people of lying, but when a federal court finds
that people have repeatedly lied under oath, I feel safe in quoting
he judge:

It is ironic that several of these individuals, who so
staunchly and proudly touted their religious convictions
in public, would time and again lie to cover their tracks
and disguise the real purpose behind the ID Policy.

For details on this, see
http://www.av8n.com/physics/intelligent-design.htm