Re: [Phys-l] Fun orbital problem

Carl,

It does, in fact, get what amounts to the right answer, but notice that I didn't specify the masses of the stars and had no intention of limiting the solution to the restricted three body case. Indeed, the fact that you get the right answer by doing so begins to get at one of the more interesting questions raised by the solution of this problem.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona